by Laura Walker
– Moon in Scorpio
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia (Wisdom): Bagalamukhi, Goddess Who Dissolves Illusions
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete (Will/Desire): Ian, God of the East
– Skill: answer the inner call to adventure and growth
– True Alignments: embracing the inner outcast, wanting to be involved or participate (be sure to include others), certain about something important, courage. dreaming a bigger dream, learning the ropes, physical manifestation of dreams, exploring the depths of something to resolve it, acting in combination or collaboration
– Catalysts for Change: stinging, taking unnecessary risks, obsession with and pursuit of materialism, excluding, uncertainty, sadness and grief (release brings relief), never satisfied, little effort expended, in “alien” or unfamiliar territory,” naïve, lured off or distracted, manipulating others, unable to see clearly, lack of concern for the feelings of others
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month: “a woman in an emotional speech dramatizing her cause” (the inner self rising)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “the magic carpet of Oriental imagery” (transcending the past, difficulties, worries, the old paradigm)
The magic carpet ride gives us a galactic view today:
1 – BRINGING OR CHANGING SHAPE, FORM, and STRUCTURE – The Earth comes to the degree of the Galactic Center: “the sculptor’s vision is taking form.” The ancient Gnostics tell us that the Galactic Center is our “spiritual home,” or the place from which we were created from the spark of God. They call it the pleroma. When this energetic is activated, the projections of our hopes, wishes, and dreams take form or, through action, can be molded or changed for a better fit. The goal is lasting value. We always have the power to change things.
2 – VIEWS AND PERSPECTIVE – also change shape, form, or structure as we see new things. The Sun is discharging the energetic of “a young gypsy emerging from the woods gazes at far cities.” This is another symbol involving “vision.” What we see may be disappointing, daunting, exciting, or alluring. It depends on how we have felt “in the woods.” Have you been able to see the forest for the trees? Have you felt alone in the wild? Have you felt in the dark? At the heart of it, this symbol is about calls to adventure, growth, and facing challenges that will “pay off” later.
3 – RISKY BUSINESS – Mercury is discharging the energetic of “workmen drilling for oil.” This energetic involves the tendency to think that things are always better somewhere else or with someone else. There is no Sabian symbol of “the grass is greener on the other side,” but if there was, this would be it. No, the Sabians go much deeper than that, and getting to the depths of things or “drilling down” is a better description for the energy. Risk is always implied, as the workmen are not certain if they will find oil. It’s a search for something new while operating in the dark. But this energetic seeks to teach us that we already have much of value right at hand.
The Moon continues to transit through Scorpio, along with the Black Moon and Mars. Those with the Sun, Chiron, or Black Moon in Scorpio or Taurus (Scorpio’s opposite) may be experiencing increased anger, conflict, hurt feelings, feelings of loss, insecurities about the future, or a need to fill a void. Remember that a nine month period of massive rebirth of who you are is happening. We take it one step at a time. Rest when needed and practice acceptance of what we cannot control. Another force is directing your life.
When the Earth, Gaia Sophia, meets up with the Galactic Center, it is Homecoming Day. Happy Homecoming, wise owls! Let’s attend to wisdom and answer the call to adventure.
Thank you for supporting The Oracle Report!