by Laura Walker
– Moon in Aquarius
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia (Wisdom): Chinnamasta, Goddess Who Expands the Mind
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete (Will/Desire): Ian, God of the East
– Skill: rest/nurture the mind and body
– True Alignments: enriched by love, breathing easier, allowing space for internal change, revision of personal values, nurturing self and others, “basking” in something joyful, contentment, inner beauty reflected on the outer, taking a risk when given the signs or go-ahead, creativity
– Catalysts for Change: panicking, stifled, advancing too fast, the need to draw attention to oneself, superficially keeping up appearances, neglecting self, close minded, overcome by the number of responsibilities or a long to-do list, resisting change, spreading fear, anger at people/places/things that bind or restrict
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month and Year: “the magic carpet of Oriental imagery” (transcending issues, adventure)
I always mention that the day a planet stations retrograde or direct is intensive. The energetics can take their toll on our emotional, mental, and physical bodies. This happened yesterday with Mercury stationing retrograde at the highly emotionally-charged energetic of “an Indian warrior riding fiercely, human scalps hanging from his belt.”
Today, the wisdom of the Sabian symbols today tells us to care for our physical bodies. The Sun discharges the energetic of “a woman sprinkling flowers.” It’s a gentle, nurturing energetic that calls for resting the mind, and thus resting the body.
Further, the Earth is located at “a drowning man is being rescued,” which speaks to emotional and physical overwhelm and the need for “resuscitating.”
You may feel this way today or someone around you may feel this way.
Deeper study reveals that deeper things are going on with this. Today, Mars (which is also retrograde and will be until June 30), moves from 9 Sagittarius and “a mother leads her child step by step up the stairs” (rising up, guidance, protection) to 8 Sagittarius and “deep within the depths of the Earth, new elements are being formed” (things emerging from deep inside of us, processes of foundational change).
Things are welling up so that they can be revised, rectified, and realigned.
The tectonics and volcanism of the Earth seem to be responding, as evidenced by dramatically increased activity along the Ring of Fire and other hot spots.
We are symbiotic with the Earth, so anything that is happening with the Earth is happening to us.
We can ease the deep tectonic processes that are in play today by taking it easy.
These things may help us along:
1- Recognize blessings. Each of us has them, whether they stand out in our awareness or not.
2- Apply simple comforts. Venus discharges the last degree of Aries today (“a duck pond and its brood”) before it moves into the comfort-seeking energetics of Taurus tomorrow.
3- Disengage from limitations. Mind chatter about what restricts or limits us should be sent away on a metaphorical hot air balloon.
4- Acknowledge needs. Self-denial is the antithesis of these energetics, and, really, antithetical to life itself. Reconnect with self-care. Put yourself back into the equation if you have neglected your basic needs. Get back to the elements of who you are.
5- Feel the safety that comes with the knowledge that we are couched in the love of Gaia Sophia, who is entirely dedicated to the fulfillment of our happiness and expression. There is nothing to fear. All is contained within the soul of Sophia.
Let’s honor ourselves and the fellowship of humanity today by taking a deep breath and gliding with the magic carpet ride. Go outdoors, connect with nature, and find beauty. Let’s sprinkle some flowers on our ride through life today.
Thank you for supporting The Oracle Report!