by Laura Walker
– Moon in Sagittarius/Capricorn (10:08 am/3:08 pm UT)
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia (Wisdom): Tara, Goddess Who Guides Through Troubles; Dhumavati, Goddess Who Sorts and Winnows
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete (Will/Desire): Elias, God of the West, God of Transformation
– Skill: release that which you do not want to carry forward
– True Alignments: reverence, a funnel of spiritual infusion, light, good intentions, capable, hopeful, bonds, dedication, balance of work load, achievements, revelations, acknowledgements, free spirited, fun
– Catalysts for Change: overtaxed or overburdened, insincerity, trying to force square pegs into holes, bondage, lost in a loop of the past, letting others take on too much of the responsibility or weight or support, things catching up with us, inexperienced, restrictions, conformity
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month: “in winter, people cutting ice from a frozen pond for use in summer” (preparing, seeing ahead)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “the music of the spheres” (the recalibration or retuning of human consciousness)
On the eve of the New Moon in Capricorn, Venus and Saturn come together to set us free from restrictions, limitations, and darkness.
The conjunction of Venus and Saturn occurs at 11:00 pm ET/4:00 am UT at 13 Sagittarius and the Sabian symbol of “a widow’s past is brought to light.” Grief, sadness, and loss (especially related to relationships, since Venus is involved) or anything that has a hold on our hearts and minds reveals itself so that it can be released. This energy brings raw truth. It also brings new opportunities.
The lower octave of this energy tends to engender guilt and shame. We can take our perceived “flaws” or “failings” to the extreme. Who among us can cast stones? The human species has experienced traumatic assault of the mind and soul. Our choices and decisions must be viewed within this context. Each of us assumes personal responsibility for our actions, but we can widen our understanding of those actions, and find compassion for ourselves and others. After all that was happening during her life, Anne Frank said, “Despite everything, I believe people are really good at heart.” We are.
An agenda to make us believe otherwise is underway. Which way do we choose? Today, Venus and Saturn seek release from anything that binds our spirits.
Providing assistance, Mars moves into opposition with the Chiron Point or the degree in the sky where Chiron (the archetypal energy of wounding, healing, and teaching) was located when it was discovered in 1977. The Sabian symbol for 04 Scorpio (the opposite of the Chiron Point at 04 Taurus) is “a youth holding a lighted candle in a devotional ritual.” Chiron is the energy of The Seeker – The Journeyer. That to which we are devoted is lighted for us. Are we devoted to a past full of wounds or devoted to a journey full of human experience? The Sabian symbol for the Chiron Point is “a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.” Today Mars takes us on the hero/heroine’s journey to teach us something of great value and to heal anything that is hurting us deeply.
If we have been carrying a heavy burden or carrying too much of the load, the Sun’s energy is trying to rectify or balance that today. The Sun is discharging the energy of “a child of about five carrying a huge shopping bag filled with groceries.” What is the first thing that comes to your mind with this image?
This is a multi-dimensional symbol that we could spend much time analyzing, as there are several elements involved. What burden or baggage needs to be released? Does something from childhood need to be relieved? Is your inner child calling you? Are you seeking to fill an inner void with something from the outside? What needs nourishment or nurturing? This energy will empower Venus and Saturn’s dynamic of release and Mars’ dynamic of healing and teaching.
The Earth is located at the degree of “a priest performing a marriage ceremony.” Levels of commitment (to many things, not just within relationships) are certainly present with “the widow’s past” symbol along with this one. While the Black Moon continues its transit through the sign of Libra, relationships and marriages or intended marriages (as well as the “marriage” of our inner feminine and masculine) are undergoing tremendous stages of death and rebirth. What is sacred to you?
Finally, for those readers who follow this part of my work, today is the last day that the Wisdom Goddesses Tara and Dhumavati are on duty. Tara has guided us while Dhumavati has sorted and winnowed out on an unprecedented scale. We thank them. Kali comes on duty tomorrow, but all of the Wisdom Goddesses will participate in the New Moon’s energy of “a hidden choir singing during a religious ceremony.”
Today is also the last day of Elias’ the three-month duty (his “quarter of the year). Among many things, Elias is The Alchemist (like Chiron). He wizardly transforms from the inside out. As the Sun sets today, the God of the West, bids us adieu, but not before offering to take something we want to release with him. What a send off. We stand in honor.
Thank you for supporting The Oracle Report!