by Laura Walker
– Moon in Sagittarius
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia (Wisdom): Tara – Goddess Who Guides Through Troubles; Dhumavati, Goddess Who Sorts and Winnows
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Elias – God of the West, God of Transformation
– Skill: clear the field of your mind for the new to enter
– True Alignments: reason, recognizing what is good for us, uninhibited, revelations, blossoming, patience, sorting through the truth, true value, appreciation for what is offered freely, timing, creative expression (especially through film/theatre), taking your place on the stage of life
– Catalysts for Change: speaking out of turn or too soon, pushing forward when things are not ready, suppression, impulsivity, pressure releases through self-destructive activities, lingering in the past, the outside not matching the inside, faking
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month: “in winter, people cutting ice from a frozen pond for use in summer” (preparing. seeing ahead)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “the music of the spheres” (recalibration of human consciousness)
Today’s energetics have four primary themes:
1- THROWING OFF RESTRAINTS AND LIMITATIONS – The Sun moves to the degree of “a girl surreptitiously bathing in the nude.” This brings us a desire for freedom from anything that inhibits us. Often, this involves old beliefs about ourselves or things that have been foisted onto us. This energy brings a natural feeling of wanting to eliminate anything that has been imposed on us that is a burden. Within this dynamic, we usually face something about ourselves or feel the desire to reveal something.
2- GOLDEN OPPORTUNITIES – Venus begins to disseminate the energy of “a theatrical representation of a golden-haired goddess of opportunity.” This symbol always reminds us to be discerning about what is real and what is illusion. It can bring a lot of drama to situations, and a lot of “acting out.” If we are chasing something that is not in our highest and best interests, the Goddess of Opportunity will make sure we see the truth of it. However, some very wonderful opportunities, ideas, insights, and even rewards come with this, too. Things can turn on a dime today, so do not count anything out before its time. This symbol also directs us to follow the Golden Rule – do unto others as you would have them do unto you – but also the historical aspect of the Golden Rule -those with the gold rule. We are watchful of the manipulation of currency and markets today.
3- SMALL BEGINNINGS – For several days, the energy has been strong for things that exist deeply within us wanting to come to light. What is seeking to emerge within you and within your life? We are advised to bring those things forward, with the Earth discharging the energy of “the seed grows into knowledge and life.” Balsamic Moon phase is the time of the lunar cycle when we “clear the field” or “plow the field” in order to prepare good mind-terrain for the insertion of new intentions – new seeds – at the New Moon (January 9). Start small. It only takes one step.
4- THE WINNOWING – Mars is discharging the energy of “a broken bottle and spilled perfume.” This energy can be shocking and engender sad emotions; we don’t like it when things break, break up, crack, or divide. Queen of the Sabian Symbols, Lynda Hill, says it best with this symbol: “Sometimes things need to be broken so that their contents can be released and fully appreciated or revealed.” Truth is always revealed when this energy is in effect. This energy also heavily contributes to Dhumavati’s mission this month (a special appearance) to sort the wheat from the chaff, sort the real from the unreal, sort the pure from the corrupt, and sort darkness from the light. True colors and true essences are revealed. It can be hard to take, but necessary in order to move past things. A Great Winnowing is happening as we move into the New Moon in Capricorn, when the Emissary of Sophia Kali and the Emissary of Thelete Seth come on duty.
Under the Balsamic Moon, our dreams and visions for the future come to life within our minds. To fully experience the beauty of Balsamic phase, we release feelings and situations that have built up over the past month and no longer serve. We have the days of the Balsamic phase for this, so we can start slowly. The Capricorn lunar cycle is a “cardinal” cycle, which means great shift happens. All month long we’ve been preparing. Let’s leave in the dust, anything we do not want to carry forward.
Thank you for supporting The Oracle Report!